1. Which command would you use to enable a ‘default route’ to send all packets with unknown destinations out serial0/0 interface?
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0 (provided that you use any point-to-point protocol)
2. Which command enables RIP process on the interface with the following IP address: 10.1.1.1/24? (under a rip context = router(config- router)#
3. What is the difference between ‘classless’ and ‘classful’ routing protocol?
suitable for converged (modern) networks
netmask not sent in the advertisement
no VLSM support
automatic summarization to the class boundary
not suitable for converged (modern) networks
4. What are the differences between RIPv1 and RIPv2?
no netmasks sent
multicast for advertisements
authentication (clear text or md5)
5. Which command must be enabled under RIPv2 process to disable autosummarization of updates to the class boundary?
6. You are remotely connected to a Cisco switch/router. Which command would you use to check what are the Cisco devices directly connected to
#show cdp neighbor
7. What should be the value of the configuration register on your router, in order to remove the lost password?
8. Which sequence of command would you use to remove the switch/rotuer to its factory defaults (the fastest solution needs to be provided)?
9. You are remotely connectedto your Cisco router. Its FastEthernet0/0 interface is connected to a Cisco switch. How would you verify which
port of the switch the FastEthernet0/0 port is connected to?
#show cdp neighbor
10. Still, remotely connected to the Cisco router, which command would you use to check IOS version running on the neighboring Cisco switch?
#show cdp neighbor detail or
#show cdp entry here-name-of-the-switch
11. What is going to happen if during your router’s boot procedure the value of configuration register is set to: 0×2100?
the router will boot from ROMMON
12. Which command would you use to check the RIP updates sent by the neighboring router?
#debug ip rip or
#show ip route rip
13. What is the destination address used by RIPv1 enabled router while sending the advertisements?
14. What is the destination address used by RIPv2 enabled router while sending the advertisements?
15. What is the maximum hop-count limit still valid in RIPv1/v2 metric?
16 is inaccessible
16. Which is the default encapsulation used on serial interfaces in Cisco IOS?
17. What are the two methods to authenticate RIPv2 packets?
clear text (aka simple password)
18. Where does a Cisco router/switch keep its starting configuration?
NVRAM (sometimes part of flash is emulating NVRAM)
19. Where does a Cisco router/switch keep its IOS file?
FLASH (sometimes PCMCIA)
20. What is the first thing the bootstrap code do if the configuration register value is set to 0×2102?
parses the configuration in nvram looking for: ‘boot system’ command
21. Which command would you use to check the timers used by the RIP protcols?
#show ip protocols